WHEN TO DONATE: Martin Luther King Day (1/18/21) through Valentine’s Day (2/14/21).
(Inside) – PREFERRED – Monday-Thursday 10am-5pm
(Outside) – Friday-Sunday until 5pm (DO NOT LEAVE FOOD OUTSIDE IN FREEZING WEATHER)
WHERE TO DONATE: Weekdays – You can put the food in boxes in Youth Room. On weekends, you will find at least one labeled bin outside the Youth Room door – located on the driveway of Grace Christian Church. If you would like to donate and cannot transport the food to Grace, text Kathleen M for someone to arrange a pick up (732-241-8006).
WHAT TO DONATE: Non-perishable food (NO GLASS – see list below) & funds (checks accepted – made out to Grace Christian Church with “food drive” in the memo section)
NON-PERISHABLE FOOD DONATIONS:
Only non-perishable items can be donated (see list from Fulfill below)…and NO GLASS ITEMS CAN BE ACCEPTED. Please know that both we at Beloved Community and everyone at Fulfill are grateful for ANY amount of food donated. We at Grace know God can do a lot with little, so please know whatever you can give is a blessing.
FUFILL – MONMOUTH & OCEAN – MOST NEEDED FOOD ITEMS
(When possible please follow these guidelines, as foods with better nutrition is of more benefit to all…these guidelines are from Fufilll.)
1. Please look for low sodium options – 140mg. or less per serving OR 5% daily value (DV) or less per serving
2. Please select cereals with whole grains listed as one of the first ingredients on the label. Per serving, look for less than 10g sugar, 3-5g of fiber, and 5g or more of protein.
3. PLEASE – NO GLASS CONTAINERS!!! (Fulfill’s request)
- CANNED TUNA, CHICKEN, & SALMON (in water)
- CANNED VEGGIES (low sodium, where possible)
- COOKING OILS
- SHELF-STABLE MILK
- PANCAKE MIX & SYRUP
- PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY
- CANNED FRUITS (100% juice)
- SOUPS (low sodium, where possible)
chicken & rice
- READY-TO-EAT CANNED MEALS
bean, chicken or beef chili
vegetable, chicken, or beef stew
beef or cheese ravioli
chicken with rice or vegetables
spaghetti & meatballs
- HOT CEREALS
- COLD CEREALS
Toasted O’s (original or honey nut)
Fiber One cereals
Cascadian Farms cereals