As we come to the end of one of the more challenging weeks in recent memory, I want to express my love and gratitude for each and every one of you. We are indeed hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair (2 Corinthians 4:8).
Without knowing how and when, we will persevere and overcome the challenges we face, but not alone. We need each other now more than ever. While our challenges are similar in some respects, they are and will be unique and different as well. That being said, I wanted to let you know about the following changes we have made and are in the process of making so that we can all be together on the same page.
• This week we began the process of dividing our entire congregation into groups of between 8 and 12 people (adults, youth, and children included). Each group will have shepherd (Caregiver) who will be responsible for making sure that everyone is connected and cared for in the ways that are specific to their needs. No one will be left out! The shepherds are comprised of our staff, elders, group & ministry leads, and those who reached out to us and wanted to provide a tangible way to help.
We hope to have these groups fully coordinated by the end of the week. Next week, each and every person will be contacted via text, telephone, or email by your group shepherd. Each of them will be your primary contact, but please feel free to reach out and care for anybody who comes to mind. We cannot emphasize the importance of connection with as many people as possible!
This week the following people celebrate a birthday; reach out and let them know they are being celebrated!
March 22 – Samantha Armstrong, Pastor Vincent (53!)
March 23 – Frank Wyckoff
March 28 – Jim Brown
(No Anniversaries this week)
• We will continue to send out weekly church wide emails with new and up to date information, as well as through our website, including our homepage & Grace Facebook page.
• I have also created a personal facebook page that I will make daily posts with messages/resources to help encourage and equip you to deal with the challenges and anxiety you are no doubt experiencing. You can find the page by looking up www.facebook.com/
• Last week we provided you with a message that was recorded on Sat evening and viewable on Sunday morning followed by a facebook live chat at 1pm to connect with others and process what you heard.
This week we hope to be adding other elements such as a worship song to reflect on and sing with, some community news items, as well as a place to pray personally or with those you may be viewing the service with. Each week our hope is to make the service more comprehensive, representing many of the elements you are used to having in our worship services. Below is the link that will give you access to this week’s service: https://gracechristianchurch.
If you want to interact with others while watching the sermon, join us at 1pm at https://gracechristianchurch.
You can also access the library of sermons at our youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/
• Worship in Giving: We encourage you to use our online giving options, so that we do not fall behind with our budget commitments during this season. If you don’t regularly use online giving, but wish to do so at this time, here is a donation link to Grace: https://bit.ly/2W7EAG0 . You may also set up giving via text by texting: 732-537-8743. In the message put the amount you want to give. You will receive a text with the link to set up giving via text. Follow the instructions and you will be set up for future giving via text messaging. Or, if you prefer, you can send a check to our address: 1961 Wayside Rd. Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
It is critical for those who are still able to give, to do as you normally would. And, if some of you are even able to give over and above, we can then create a fund where we are able to help those who will either temporarily, or permanently, lose their source of income.
MEETINGS, SMALL GROUPS, AND CLASSES
• I held my first 2 meetings this week via video (Zoom) and in the coming week, we will be looking to have our Life Recovery meeting on Tuesday at 6:30pm and our Wednesday Bible Study at 6:30pm thanks to Zoom. If you have interest in being a part of either one, please email me at email@example.com and I will send an invitation for you to join us.
YOUTH GROUPS and GRACEKIDS
Both Lorraine and Bonnie are hosting zoom meetings for kids and youth to connect, learn and minister to each other. Reach out to them if you or your youth didn’t get the week’s link for the zoom meetings for each. Genesis7@comcast.net – Lorraine, or firstname.lastname@example.org
The times are:
GraceKids – 4pm on Sundays
Junior High Youth – 6pm on Sundays
Senior High Youth – 7pm on Thursdays
We are still working out the kinks, but we hope to use this and other technology in a variety of different ways including studies, prayer groups, worship experiences, and even exercise groups. We are working tirelessly to provide ways to help you connect, encourage, and even thrive during this time. If you have time or talents you would like to use to help us, we would love for you to share that with us.
Until next time…Peace,
Pastor Vincent & the Elder Board